What is SPARC?
- A self advocacy group that is made up of people with developmental disabilities who share a desire to change the way people with disabilities are seen by society.
- It is comprised of, and governed by, self advocates who make all the decisions that govern the activities, finances, time and education of its members.
- SPARC meets once a month to discuss local and national level issues that affect people with disabilities.
- Emphasis is placed on social development, cooperation, and building self esteem through shared accomplishments.
- SPARC was established in 2001 and is facilitated by Partnerships in Community Living, Inc., a not-for-profit organization dedicated to expanding the horizons and enhancing the quality of lives of people with disabilities.
- All people are equal
- All people have the right to make choices in all areas of their lives
- All people have the responsibility to honor their agreements
- All people have the right to speak honestly without fear of punishment
- All people have the responsibility to be polite to others even when they don’t agree
The 2015 SEED was a great success and SPARC is working on planning another SEED in the future. Thank you to all who attended and supported SEED!
What is SEED?
A Summit on:
Empowerment = Learning About Choices
Enrichment = Making Your Life Better
Diversity = With a Mix of Different People
Empowerment+Enrichment+Diversity = SEED
How SPARC Makes a Difference
Ways Direct Support Professionals
|Partnerships in Community Living, Inc. Administrative Office
P.O. Box 129
480 Main St. E
Monmouth, OR 97361